Orange’s Winter Fire Festival will show Orange in a new light next month – the light of a bonfire.
The festival runs from Friday, August 3 to Sunday, August 5, and events in and around Orange will put the winter nights on centre stage.
Details about some of the events have been released.
- Millthorpe Village turns into a winter wonderland from 6pm at Millthorpe village. Bus available.
- Fiery Friday event from 6-8pm at Ross Hill Wines with soup and paella by renowned chef, Michael Manners. $25 per person. Bookings essential, call 6365 3233.
- Join Small Acres Cyder, See Saw wines and Canobolas Dance Hall for an evening of wassailing, bonfires, music and entertainment. From 5:00 pm to 9:30 pm at Canobolas Dance Hall, 504 Canobolas Road. Price $77.19.
FIRE AND POETRY
- Enjoy a night of original contemporary Australian poetry and music provided by renowned storyteller Frank Povah from 7pm at Freemasons Hotel, Molong. Price $30. Call 6366 8512.
- Join De Salis Wines for a five-course feast fit for the last supper by Racine Restaurant and fine wine by De Salis around the fire from 6pm, De Salis Cellar Door. Price $100. Call 0403 210 703.
FIRES IN THE SKY
- Be guided through the fiery night sky by astronomers Trevor and Tina Leaman. Tickets $25 each for adults, $10 for five to 17 year olds, children under five free. For bookings call Lee Bell on 0408 449 664
IS ANYTHING OUT THERE?
- Enjoy a hearty, gourmet meal with a journey led by budding astronomer Matt Dodds from 4:30pm to 9pm at Nashdale Lane Wines. Price from $55.
MULLED AND CURED
- Explore the beauty of the night sky a different way with iPads and iPhones from 6pm to 9pm at Montoro Wines, 432 Cargo Road, Nashdale. Price $40 per adult and $20 per child over 12 years old.
CAMP OVEN COOK-OFF
- The Aussie Fire Buckets’ Camp Oven Cook Off will have market stalls, BBQ, raffle, cake stall, bar facilities, music and a free kids entertainment area with jumping castle from 10am to 10pm at Eugowra showground. Tickets at the gate.
- Small Acres Cyderm Carcoar Royal Hotel, The Lord Anson, Cargo Village Markets and The Greenhouse of Orange will be open on Sunday, August 5 for open fire lunches.