A woman faced court today, charged in relation to a fatal single vehicle crash near Wellington in January.
About 1pm on Saturday 5 January 2019, emergency services were called to Goolma Road, Wellington, 50km south of Dubbo, after a small hatchback left the road and rolled.
A three-year-old girl sustained critical injuries and died at the scene.
The front-seat passenger, a woman aged 28, was airlifted to Westmead Hospital; and the 22-year-old driver was taken to hospital by road ambulance.
Police from Orana Mid-Western Police District attended and established a crime scene.
Following investigations by police from Central West Crash Investigation Unit, a 22-year-old woman attended Dubbo Police Station on Tuesday where she was charged with eight offences, being:
- Aggravated Dangerous Driving occasion death
- Aggravated Dangerous Driving occasion grievous bodily harm
- Negligent driving occasion death
- Negligent driving occasion grievous bodily harm
- Cause bodily harm by misconduct
- Drive vehicle, illicit drug present in blood
- Not give particulars to police
She was bail refused to appear before Dubbo Local Court.
You can have daily headlines, sporting news, what's on news, breaking news and a weekly wrap all in your inbox throughout the week by simply subscribing to our website. Subscribe here.