A CANCELLED show in America will have no effect on the Sir Elton John concert scheduled for Bathurst in January, while buses from surrounding cities to the show will be run.
Tour promoter, Chugg Entertainment, confirmed the music superstar will tour Australia as planned despite a cancelled a show in Indianapolis late last month.
Sir Elton told his fans on social media that he was "extremely unwell" and he couldn't deliver the show they deserved.
Chugg Entertainment, however, said there would be no impact on the run of shows in Australia - including at Bathurst's Carrington Park.
The tour company added discussions were continuing about transport arrangements for those wanting to attend the show from towns and cities around Bathurst.
The Australian leg of Elton John's Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour will go ahead as planned.Tour promoter, Chugg Entertainment
Chugg confirmed there will be buses in and out of Bathurst for the show.
The tour company is working with Bathurst Regional Council on the arrangements and more information will be released shortly, a Chugg spokesperson said.
Chugg Entertainment's Michael Chugg had just returned home from seeing Sir Elton's performance in Nashville, the spokesperson said, and he had confirmed "the singer is in excellent form; it's a show you don't want to miss".
A crowd of more than 20,000 is now set to pack into Carrington Park on Wednesday, January 22 after 2000 more standing-on-the-hill tickets were released a fortnight ago.
More than 1000 of those tickets were sold in the first few days after the release and some are still available, according to Chugg Entertainment.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Send us a letter to the editor using the form below