With restrictions on weddings starting to ease, a central west event planner says more people are feeling confident about coming together for weddings again.
Couples had to either cancel or postpone their weddings earlier in the year as the government enforced strict measures of a five person limit to curb COVID-19.
This was changed to 20 people at the beginning of June, but from July, 1 the maximum number of people who may attend a wedding is the maximum number of people allowed on the premises, which is one person per four square metres.
Sarah Powell, owner of Bespoke Country Weddings, which is based in Orange, started the business in 2012.
She and the team travel to Mudgee, Dubbo, Oberon, Bathurst, Cowra, Forbes, and beyond to create weddings and other events.
Ms Powell said COVID-19 essentially shutdown the wedding and events industry overnight, and immediately impacted every wedding planned from the end of March until July.
"The majority of our couples postponed their wedding to later this year, and early next year," she said.
"We've been kept very busy working through all of the postponements with our couples, and providing them with support wherever we can."
Ms Powell said with restrictions easing they have seen new bookings start to come in for the end of this year, and right through to spring 2022.
"People are definitely becoming more confident and secure about coming together again," she said.
"Once the restrictions are fully lifted, we're going to be incredibly busy throwing the biggest and best parties again."
However, Ms Powell said the current situation in Victoria is a good reminder for us all that this crisis isn't over yet and there is still very much need for caution.
The border between Victoria and New South Wales will shut on Tuesday night as COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc in Melbourne.
ALSO MAKING NEWS: Young budding artists are invited to take part in WACHS art competition
The decision was made at an early morning hook-up between Premier Daniel Andrews, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian and Prime Minister Scott Morrison on July 6.
"We are closely monitoring the government guidelines each week, and will be adhering to all guidance around bringing people safely together again," Ms Powell explained
The team at Bespoke Country Weddings were able to use the downtime during COVID-19 to work on the business and refine their event skills and are looking to forward to the next few months.
"Along with planning for the very busy Spring season ahead - we're very excited about getting back to work and bringing people together safely again," Ms Powell added.
"We're very lucky to be a part of the best day in people's lives. We can't wait to get back to work creating beautiful spaces for people to celebrate, and create new memories in with their friends and families."
ALSO MAKING NEWS: Wellington Caves welcomed people back to cafe, Visitor Experience Centre